Friday, May 18, 2012

Anna del C. Dye's New Book: A Royal Elf of Abalon

A Book Buzzing Babes Pick
Writers Mirror: Hi Anna! Thanks for being in my blog this week.
Anna: It is my pleasure to be here.

Writers Mirror: So, tell us what’s happening with you?
Anna: My life has been quite busy lately. I am getting ready for the “Renaissance Faire & Fantasy Festival” which will take three of my weekends in May. I take my books and have fun being a princess for three weeks. I really love it.

Writers Mirror: That does sound fun. Tell us about your upcoming release.
Anna: After the great success of “The Curse of the Elfs,” I’ll release: “A Royal Elf in Abalon” this May.

Writers Mirror: Where can we find this book?
Anna: Amazon, B&N, and my website will all have the links to buy it.

Writers Mirror: What inspired you to write this book?
Anna: Amathis, the queen in the story. She is a selfish, demanding, and cruel woman. She forced me to write it.

Writers Mirror: What fantasy bug bit you and got you started writing these mystical tales?

Anna: It was a great masterful bug and it bit me hard a few years ago—The name of the bug J. R. R. Tolkien. I love Lord of the Rings and that is my inspiration for my Elf Series.
Writers Mirror: Intriguing, so tell us what is this book about?

Anna: A princess of a mankind kingdom, who is so sheltered by her mother that she makes some unsafe choices growing up. They will change her life and that of her kingdom as she faces challenges that she isn’t prepared for. It also tells of a young Elf who feels an unsafe fascination about the nearby mankind kingdom. Against his elders’ wishes, he ventures there, finding heartaches, betrayal, and murder. 
Writers Mirror: Now I want to read this tale. Tell us what’s the first rule in building a fantasy world?

Anna: To stay true to the rules. If you say beings in that world don’t do something, don’t have them doing it later without explaining what changed so that now they can do what you said they couldn’t.
Writers Mirror: Have you ever wanted to write your book in one direction but your characters wanted to go in another direction. What did you do in such a situation?

Anna: Your characters are the most important parts of your book. So, if they want to go left you go left, even if you wanted to go right. If you don’t, it will be quite hard to make them change and your tale will feel forced. I want my tales to go smoothly, so I don’t fight the characters, they know better than me. 
Writers Mirror: Sometimes people envision an author’s life as being really glamorous. Tell us what’s the most unglamorous thing you’ve done in the past week?

Anna: Change dirty diapers and keep my little Alexis happy. She didn’t feel to good. I love taking care of her though.
Writers Mirror: What's your favorite music?

Anna: Romantic, hands down. The Platters, The Stylistics, Nat King Cole, Johnny Mathis, soft rock, lots of oldies. More recent artists: Il Divo, Julio Iglesias, Celine Dion, etc.
Writers Mirror: Please share a favorite quote(s) with us.

Anna: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. I am a big believer of paying it forward.
Writers Mirror: What other fantasy tale are you weaving for us?

Anna: I am ready to finished The Flying Elf, which will be my Elf book for next year.
Writers Mirror: Thanks so much for sharing with us, Anna.

Anna: Thank you for inviting me to come. I had a wonderful time visiting with you.
Writers Mirror: If you’d like to find out more about Anna please visit: http://www.annadelc.com
and to read reviews of Anna’s books visit http://ning.it/dIqC6n


7 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for letting me visit you and your reader. It is an honor to be here.

    Anna del C. Dye
    for clean tales of Elfs & Romance

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice interview. I'm looking forward to reading Anna's new book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna's books are wonderful. I don't know anyone yet that doesn't enjoy her work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cindy. I appreciated your words. :)

      Delete
  4. This sounds like a very interesting book. I love elves and fairies etc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that was a fun interview to read. thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!
When finished, please go back to "Home" and click "Follow" and come back often!
It's time to spin the world around!!!